The use of smartphones has been on the rise since the day of their launch. Although there were many apps for almost every purpose on smartphones, some tasks required the users to use their desktops or laptops like web browsing, watching online videos, etc. The issue of combining the functionality of web apps and native apps was finally solved in 2015.
The year saw the coining of the term progressive web apps, which revolutionized the experience for users as well as tech firms. Today apps like WhatsApp can be easily accessed on the PC, and websites like Google, Youtube, and Amazon can be accessed on the web. All thanks to PWAs.
The coalition of web apps and native apps offers countless benefits that have motivated many industry leaders to invest in them. The market of PWAs is another reason which is expected to reach $10.44 billion by 2027.
The benefits of Progressive Web Apps
If you are one of those businesses that want to extend its reach, it is necessary for you to invest in a trailblazing PWA. Here are some of the key benefits of PWAs!
- Boost conversions: As a PWA can be accessed on both mobile and PC, it is the best way to surge conversion and engagement.
- Lightweight and fast: As compared to web and native apps, the PWAs are extremely lightweight and quick to load. These apps are also pretty responsive and adaptive.
- Faster development: By using the existing web app code and sharing it across platforms, PWAs can be developed and launched super quickly.
Frameworks and Tools to build the best Progressive Web App!
The one question that might be whirling in your mind is developing or building a progressive web app? The answer to this is pretty simple!
There are various frameworks and tools that can help you develop a remarkable progressive web app. Let’s discuss them in detail!
Angular is the oldest and one of the best JS frameworks that are fit for making progressive web apps. There are many great features that were released in Angular 5 that led many firms to provide Angularjs development services to their clients.
Angular 5 came with a dedicated script that enabled developers to make the PWA using the JSON configuration. The apps made using this configuration are not only reliable but also robust. However, it is not that easy to use AngularJS. It requires some level of expertise in TypeScript.
Other than this, AngularJS has a wide community and is timely updated by tech giant Google. So, it will not go out of trend quickly. Any Angularjs development company can leverage it to build and improve PWAs.
Ionic is a framework that got released in 2013, and since then, it has become a prime choice of developers. The framework has countless benefits that make it fit for developing PWAs and other types of apps. Here are some of the reasons for using Ionic:
- The tool has a vast library of functional components for both android and iOS. Developers can use these to build web pages for device browsers.
- The CLI (command-line interface) of Ionic makes it super easy for the developers to build, test and deploy applications for the required platform.
- The maintenance of Ionic is made simple with the help of a built-in browser instrument.
- As it is an open-source framework, the PWA development cost will be low with Ionic.
Svelte is the new kid in the line. Released at the end of 2019, Svelte is made with the motive to improve React to some extent. The component-based framework has various aspects that rank it among the best frameworks for PWAs, such as:
- The verboseness of Svelte is way less than React, which is one drawback it covers. You can declare the parameters once and use them at countless other places without redeclaring. This is not the case with React, where a lot of code needs to be written.
- The Svelte framework provides super-fast loading and execution thanks to its small bundle size and leaner code.
- The framework’s starter template has a PWA package that features boilerplates and a basic server worker.
React can come in handy for developing both single-page apps and multi-page apps. The key thing to note is that you can add content that loads dynamically and can change within the same page no matter which app you are developing.
Besides this, React also features other JS libraries like GatsbyJS and NextJS that developers can use to make server-side and client-side rendered pages. These libraries can also help in routing and API interactions. All of these aspects make React fit for a web development company.
Magento PWA Studio
The Magento PWA studio is one of the best tools required by a web development company. Why? Well, it helps to create a progressive web app storefront on top of a Magento responsive website.
It has various components like a shared Magento server, PWA-buildpack, Peregrine, Venia, and others. These elements make progressive web apps great in terms of both functionality and visuals.
Progressive web apps are the trend of today. Hence, as the owner of a web development company, you need to be aware of the changing software needs. Apart from the above-described software, many others can be used for making progressive web apps.
It is best to opt for the tools like Angular, React, etc., as they are old and have all the necessary features. You can also go for the new ones like Svelte. However, you may face some shortcomings in it as it is recently released.