Brother printers are often faced with scanning issues. In this writeup, we will explain in detail the best solutions Brother Printer Is Working, But brother scan check connection. The first step is to turn on the scanner of your Brother printer. This is done using these steps
- The power button of your printer should be turned on.
- Check that the proper printer drivers have been installed and downloaded.
- Make sure that the connection to your printer and computer is secured and that your printer is in “available status.
- Review the firewall settings available to make sure there isn’t any blockage on the printer driver.
- Make sure to check the control center settings since it should be in running mode.
Brother Printer Should Be Error Free:
If you examine the printer and see that the LCD screen is blank, there are two possibilities: the printer is not working or is it is in sleep mode. To fix this, click the power button, and hold it until your printer stops in sleep mode. Also, verify if the printer’s power cord is connected or not.
Your printer could show problems, for example
- Paper jam error
- Ink toner is depleted.
- Printer Off-line etc
You must follow the troubleshooting procedures to fix these issues and keep your printer in the ‘Ready to use’ state. It is essential to check that your printer is in active mode printer to be able to access the scanner.
The Brother printer should be able to print:
You can ensure that your printer is accessible to print by following these steps:
- Select the Start menu, then select the settings for the control panel.
- Then click on the “device and printer’ tab.
- After that, right-click the printer available to your brother and then choose printer properties.
- After that, you can uncheck the ‘use offline printing’ option, if selected. This will allow your printer to come back operational after being offline.
- You can also visit the printer test page to check if the printhead is actually printing.
Brother Printer Scanner Driver:
You can verify your printer’s scanner driver by using these ways:
- Open the settings of the scanner on the control panel. Select your scanner in the available scanners.
- Then, in the search bar search for the word scanner and click on the option to view camera and scanners’.
- Make sure you check your scanner’s icon in your brother’s printer to ensure it’s there. If there isn’t one, ensure that you have installed the scanner driver properly from the Brother printer’s official website.
This is the IP address for Brother’s printer is:
If your printer is in the wireless setting, you will be able to identify and configure your printer’s IP address following these steps-
- Choose the menu option for the printer of your brother.
- Select the printer reports.
- Select the option to configure your network and then press “OK”.
- Then click on the Start and close. If your printer’s IP appears as ‘0.0.0.0 It signifies that it’s taking some time to set up. If the printer doesn’t function, attempt the process again.
Create the IP address for the Driver for Scanner:
- Select your scanner and cameras in the control panel of your personal computer.
- Then click properties and select the scanner you want to use from the options above.
- Click on the tab for setting up your network.
- Then, select and enter your device’s IP number of IP addresses by entering it off the scanner.
- Then, click “OK” to finish the procedure.
Firewall settings play an important function:
The firewall is a different type of protection software that could hinder your printer’s scanning because it blocks the option to scan networks on your system. To avoid this, you must disengage your firewall in order that the software for network scanning is compatible with your system.
Follow these steps to deactivate the firewall settings
- Start the setting in the control panel and then click on the firewall settings.
- Choose the sharing center and network and verify your network settings, as they should be in the natural sense.
- After that, select the windows firewall option and switch off or turn it on according to your needs.
- Choose the firewall settings and then click on the advanced settings tab.
- Choose the rules that are inbound and then click on the port.
- Then, select the Allow choice to store your settings for firewalls. The firewall will be prevented from blocking access to your printer as well as the scanner.
The scanner isn’t able to scan from the printer on the brother’s side:
There is a chance that you will encounter an error that indicates the scanner isn’t scanning in normal mode. To resolve this issue, follow the steps below.
- Set the settings for the control panel.
- Then, open the system and security settings, and then click the firewall icon,
- Choose Allow Windows Program and click on change settings.
- Select the File Printer Sharing option to connect to your network and then click OK. The scanner should now start working.
Check that you have the control Setting is on:
- Click on Start and then start the app.
- Then click on Brother Printer and then select the printer utilities.
- Select the control panel, then click on the scan option.
- Then, check if your scanner settings match the settings on your network or not. If they don’t match, you can change your IP address for your printer.
- Apply the settings, and then click ‘OK’.
- Finally, select the printer with its name, then click to apply changes, then close the window. The scanner is now in use.
In the steps above we have listed the ways to solve the issue “The printer on the other side is working, but the scanner is not connecting’. If you follow these steps will resolve the scanner issue on your printer. If you’re not able to resolve your issue, please can call us Brother helpline and troubleshoot the issue.