The thought of creating your WordPress website is always overwhelming. You might be thinking it is quite impossible without the help of a WordPress development company. But that’s not true at all.
WordPress is truly a ray of hope for everyone willing to make a website as it makes the process easier and accessible even for a non-technical person. You can easily build a website for your blog, business, or portfolio.
But the question is “HOW”?
Well, to find the answer, keep reading this blog post. Today, we’re going to cover a basic step-by-step process to build a WordPress website. Also, in the later section, we will cover a few hacks to help you set up and run your WordPress site smoothly. So, let’s begin.
Comprehensive Guide on WordPress Website Development
1. SELECT an appropriate plan. The first step to creating a WordPress website is to select a WordPress plan. In WordPress, you have two options, WordPress.org and WordPress.com. While WordPress.org is FREE, WordPress.com you will get five plans to choose from including Free, Personal, Premium, Business, and eCommerce. Each plan varies in terms of the monthly fee, the level of customization, and the marketing tools included.
2. CHOOSE a domain name and hosting provider. The next step is to set up a domain name and select an appropriate hosting provider for your WordPress site.
Don’t get confused with the domain name and hosting provider. Both are different from each other. While a domain name is identified on your website using which the users will search you online, hosting is something where your website and related content files will be stored. It is important to choose the right kind of hosting provider since it is something that can help you improve website speed. In WordPress.org, you will have to choose a third-party hosting provider whereas, in WordPress.com, it will be taken care of by WordPress itself.
3. INSTALL WordPress. Based on the hosting provider selected, this step may or may not be required. For example, if you have chosen managed WordPress hosting, you don’t need to install WordPress as it will be installed for you. But in case you have selected a 3rd party hosting provider, then you will need to install WordPress. You can get help from a professional WordPress development company to do it for you.
4. SELECT WordPress theme. This step is all about making your website look nice. By default, WordPress applies a theme that looks simple. You can keep it if you want. But if you want to impress your visitors, you may have to change fonts, colors, layouts, and other visual points.
You can easily customize the WordPress theme or template if you hire WordPress developers. You can even choose premium WordPress themes if you don’t have a budget constraint. Once you find a theme, simply install it and apply it to your WordPress site.
5. ADD pages and posts. Once you are done with the designing part, the next step is to start adding pages and posts to your WordPress site. If you have a blogging or portfolio site, you can add posts. You can even add titles, photos, and other page elements. Similarly, you can add pages to your site to showcase different products or offerings.
6. CUSTOMIZE your website. Apart from customizing themes, you can customize WordPress in a variety of ways. Whether you want to customize the reading pane, the number of pages to be displayed, or to decide the order of pages to be listed, you can tweak it on the go. You can even get help from the WordPress development company to discover different things you can customize.
7. INSTALL plugins. This step is required to add additional functionalities to your website. WordPress has thousands of plugins to choose from. Starting from designing, email, and marketing to improving website speed, there are various plugins that you may need to install in order to make your site meaningful.
Hola! You have successfully set up your WordPress site.
Now, what’s next?
Well, the next thing you can do is to fine-tune the performance of your website. You can optimize your website by enabling browser caching and using plugins to improve website speed. Also, you can refer to other popular WordPress websites to get inspiration and enhance your site to survive in the market. Need a helping hand to set up and maintain your WordPress website? Hire WordPress developers now…