If nothing happens when you press Windows Key + G, check your Xbox Game Bar settings. Open the start menu, select Settings > Games, and make sure Record game clips, screenshots, and stream with Xbox Game Bar is turned on. activated.
Did you know that Windows has a screen recording utility called Xbox Game Bar? With it, you can record a video of your actions in almost any Windows application on your laptop, whether you want to play a game or create a tutorial on using Microsoft Office for someone.
WHY CAN’T I RECORD MY SCREEN WITH XBOX GAME BAR?
If you can’t click the registration button, you don’t have a window available for registration. This is because the Xbox Game Bar can only be used to record the screen in shows or video games. Therefore, video recording of your desktop or File Explorer is not possible.
If you’re having trouble recording your screen with Xbox Game Bar, follow these steps:
- Run the recording audio troubleshooter. Call to troubleshoot. Select Troubleshoot. Scroll down and select Record Audio.
- Restart your PC. Before restarting or shutting down your computer, be sure to save all necessary work to avoid data loss. Select the boot menu and then Power. Select Restart.
WHY IS THE XBOX GAME BAR NOT WORKING?
If you still can’t record audio in Windows, try running Microsoft’s proprietary Recording Audio troubleshooter. Go to System in Windows 11 and Update & Security in Windows 10. Select Troubleshooter, right-click on “Audio recording” troubleshooter. Run the tool and follow the instructions on the screen to fix the problem.
Also, follow these steps to fix the Xbox shortcut issue:
- Windows Key + S, search for Xbox, and select the app.
- When the app starts, click the Settings icon.
- Go to the Game DVR tab. Change the shortcuts to start/stop the app.
- Set the shortcut to Start/Stop Recording.
- Click Save and close the Xbox app.
- Use the shortcut to start/stop recording.
HOW DO I RECORD MY SCREEN IN WINDOWS?
Open Xbox Game Bar with Windows Key + G and click the camera icon to take a simple screenshot, or press the Start Recording button to capture your screen activity. Instead of going through the joystick panel, you can also press Win + Alt + R to start recording.
Go to the screen you want to record and press Win + G to open the Game Bar. Various Game Bar widgets appear on the screen, with controls for taking screenshots, recording video and audio, and streaming screen activity. Click the Start Recording button to capture your screen activity.